Rank Holders: Calicut University B.Sc. Botany 2020
Miss. Sinsha S. (15th Rank)
Miss. Vidya T. (16th Rank)
Research Guide: Dr. Pramod Kumar N. (Calicut University)
World Wetlands Day Celebrations 2020
- “Ozonschutz” a webinar was organized in connection with World Ozone Day Observance with NSS Training College, Ottapalam on 16th September 2020.
- Webinar on “Ethnobotany and Conservation Strategies: Post Covid Methodological Approaches” was conducted in association with NSS College, Parakkulam on 5th October 2020.
- Organized a webinar on “Economically important Gingers” by Dr. Thomas V P (Recipient of Dr. S. Vasudev Award 2020) on 2nd March 2021.
- Bhoomithrasena Club and Department of Botany jointly organized a webinar on “Ecorestoration & Forest Conservation” by Mr. Prabhu P M (Assistant Conservaor of Forest, Social Forestry Division, Thrissur) in connection with World Forestry Day Celebration on 23rd March 2021.
Nature trekking to Kuthiran
Nature trekking to Nelliyampathy
- Department of Botany organized an invited lecture on “Plant Conservation through Self- Knowledge” by Dr. Prabhukumar (Scientist, Kottackal Arya Vaidyasala, Kottackal on 04/10/2019. NET holders of the Department were also felicitated in that function.
- Nature trekking was conducted in association with Kerala Forest Department to Kuthiran Forest range on 28/11/2019. About 45 members of Bhoomithrasena club participated in this trekking.
- Regional Seminar “Protecting Plants & Protecting life” & Poster making competition were organized in connection with World Wetlands Day celebrations sponsored by KSCSTE on 20/02/2020.
- Nature trekking was conducted in association with Kerala Forest Department to Nelliyampathy Forest range on 06/03/2020. About 35 members of Bhoomithrasena club participated in this trekking.
Botany Department Activities
- Department conducted a Seminar on the topic “Inspire & Ignite – An Introduction to Bio-informatics” on 30th August 2017, Dr. Saritha Namboodiri, Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, VTB College, Sreekrishnapuram.
- Department of Botany in collaboration with The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, CIMH, Kanjikkode conducted an awareness programme on “Chuttuvattathe Oushadhasasyangal” as extension activity on 26th August 2017. Mr. K. Sasikumar, Agriculture Officer, CIMH took class about medicinal plants around us and its importance. Medicinal plant saplings were distributed to parents.
- Students of our department planted medicinal plants in the green house on World Environment Day.
- As part of Competence Building Programme a talk on “Research Aptitude Development” was delivered by Dr. Deepa K. Narayanan, Post Doctoral Fellow, CUSAT on 7th March 2017.
- Department of Botany in collaboration with IRTC, Mundur and Ottapalam Municipality Ward No.20 conducted an extension programme on “Household Waste Management” on 3rd March 2017. Dr. B.M. Musthafa, Research Co-ordinator, IRTC, Mundur took class to local people about waste management.
- Seminar on “Herbarium Techniques & Digital Resources in Plant Systematics” by Dr. K. Azeez, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Botany, Unity Women’s College, Manjeri on 08-02-2017.