The club aims to create awareness among the student community about the hazards of ecological debilitation and the need of a sustainable life style. Here the students are trained in such a way that they help in preserving the natural habitat and create an eco-sensibility. Different talks, debates, seminars and discussions on environmental issues are organized.
Convenor: Dr. Ranjusha A P,
Ms. Manjula P.S.
Ms. Latha, P.
Dr. Sreedevi N. Kutty
Ms. Manju, M.J.
The important activities include
- A survey was conducted on traditional farming methods practiced by local farmers for collecting data about the traditional knowledge N.S.S. College, Ottapalam
- A programme for encouraging the utility of organic farming and spread the message of health hazards in use of pesticides and other harmful chemicals
- Maintaines a herbal and vegetable garden in the college
- Cleaning of local water bodies was conducted
- Conducted a comprehensive study to find out the root cause of the pathetic condition of the dying river Nila and planned an eco-restoration of the same
- One day seminar on medicinal plants and their exhibition was organized
- A clean campus programme to eradicate plastic waste was arranged
- 2015 environmental day was celebrated by planting trees and conducting poster exhibition.
- One day seminar on ‘conservation of nature & role of human beings’ was conducted
- A poster exhibition and seminar was organized on the importance of ozone layer
- As a part of Gandhi Jayanthi, one week programme of clean campus was organized
- One day seminar on Jaivakrishi for the students was conducted
- 2016 environment day was celebrated by planting trees in the campus
- An exhibition about deforestation and discussion was conducted
- In connection with world water day one day seminar on Nila protection was Arranged
]: Failed opening 'footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in