The club aims to create awareness among the student community about the hazards of ecological debilitation and the need of a sustainable life style. Here the students are trained in such a way that they help in preserving the natural habitat and create an eco-sensibility. Different talks, debates, seminars and discussions on environmental issues are organized.
The important activities include:
- A survey was conducted on traditional farming methods practised by local farmers for collecting data about the traditional knowledge N.S.S. College, Ottapalam.
- A programme for encouraging the utility of organic farming and spreading the message of health hazards in the use of pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
- Maintains a herbal and vegetable garden in the college.
- Cleaning of local water bodies was conducted.
- Conducted a comprehensive study to find out the root cause of the pathetic condition of the dying river Nila and planned an eco-restoration of the same.
- One day seminar on medicinal plants and their exhibition was organized.
- A clean campus programme to eradicate plastic waste was arranged.
- 2015 environmental day was celebrated by planting trees and conducting poster exhibitions.
- One day seminar on ‘conservation of nature & role of human beings’ was conducted.
- A poster exhibition and seminar were organized on the importance of the ozone layer.
- As a part of Gandhi Jayanthi, one week programme on the clean campus was organized.
- One day seminar on Jaivakrishi for the students was conducted.
- 2016 environment day was celebrated by planting trees on the campus.
- An exhibition about deforestation and discussion was conducted.
- In connection with world water day, a one-day seminar on Nila protection was Arranged.
Palakkad – Ponnani Rd,
Office: 0466 224 4382