Entrepreneurship Development(ED) Club
During the last four decades, Kerala has attained worldwide acclaim for its achievements in the social sector, particularly in the health and education system. But the performance of the industrial sector has not been keeping pace with the potential of the state. Govt. Of Kerala has recognized this factor and has instituted bold and forward-looking measures to tap the unique strength of the state aimed at providing a suitable stimulus for industrial growth. The Department Of industries and Commerce, Govt. of Kerala in association with the education department formulated a scheme to set up Entrepreneurship Development Clubs in schools and colleges of the state to inculcate entrepreneurship culture amongst youth and equip them with the skills, techniques and confidence to act as good entrepreneurs. The ED Club is run by the Department of Commerce. The club is registered with the Directorate of Industries and Commerce under the Entrepreneurship Development Club Programme of the Department of Industries & Commerce, Govt. Of Kerala (Regi. No :EDC/PKD/22/2016). The ED Club run by the Department of Commerce was officially inaugurated on 11/01/2016 by Smt. Lino George, Industrial officer, Taluk Industrial Office, Ottapalam.
Producing successful entrepreneurs imbibed with leadership qualities using innovative and ethical business practices to make a global impact.
Instill the passion and spirit among students to pursue entrepreneurship.
The various activities organized by ED club are
- An EXHIBITION was organised on 21st August 2017 in association with Commerce Department. Exhibition and sale of homemade snacks, potteries and handloom cloths were arranged.
- An interactive session with successful woman entrepreneur Smt.Bageerathi, MD, Amrutham food products were organised.
- A Regional Seminar On Entrepreneurship Development Programme Among Youth Was Organised. Shri. Basheer PA, Assistant District Industrial Officer was the resource person for the Seminar.
- A Regional workshop on the SELF EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMME was conducted. Training and hands-on practice were given to the students on online trading, soap making, agarbathi making and jewellery making.
- A Regional Seminar on ROLE OF SSI IN INDIAN ECONOMY was organised on 15-2-2016. Prof.TN Krishnan, Retd HOD, Dept of commerce, NSS College, Ottapalam was the resource person for the seminar.
- A Regional seminar on the HANDLOOM SECTOR was organised in association with the Handloom cloth Directorate, Thiruvananthapuram on 25-01-2016. The seminar was inaugurated by Shri Manoj Stephen, the Municipal counsellor. The resource person for the seminar was TM Sankaran, Marketing Manager(Retd), HANTEX.
- A quiz competition was conducted for the students.
- Exhibition cum sale of handloom clothes was also arranged.
A Regional Seminar on ENTREPRENEURSHIP was organised in order to develop entrepreneurial skills among the students on 11.01-2016. The resource person for the seminar was Smt.Lino George.
Palakkad – Ponnani Rd,
Office: 0466 224 4382